Adsense2

Monday, March 26, 2012

Free Bunny Glyph For Kids

Hi everyone! Today is the first actual day of my spring break, and so far I've spent almost all of it working on lesson plans. (I did take a break to watch SVU while I ate my lunch, I took my dogs into the backyard for a while, and I had to clean up after one of my dogs who has diarrhea and had accidents on the floor a few times.) 


I wanted to share one of the products of my genius with you. Next week we're going to be doing Easter activities. (We have to keep them secular, and concentrate on bunnies and things like that more than on the actual holiday.) One of the things I've created is a bunny coloring glyph.


I got the coloring page from a different website. I can't share the picture here, because of copyrighting, but I can share the link with you so you can go get it yourself! Here is the coloring page. 


The directions and key for the glyph are on a Google doc, here


You could either make one copy of the directions and read each direction aloud to the class, so that everyone works on it at the same time (which is good for kids who don't have strong reading skills or who need to work on following verbal directions) or you could give each student a copy of the directions and let them work at their own pace (good for kids with stronger reading skills or kids who need to practice following written directions.) Or, do both! Afterwards, staple a copy of the key to the bottom of each student's coloring page, and hang them up for all to see.


By the way, if you use this glyph with your class, you may have to change the numbers in the first direction. The kids in my class are 9, 10 and 11 years old, so those are the choices I used. You can change them to the ages of the students in your class, of course. 


I hope you like this! I love glyphs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to share with the class?