Adsense2

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Good news and bad news

Good news: I got a summer job!


Bad news: It's not a teaching job. It's a teacher's aide job for an ESY program. 


Good news: At least it's in a school, and will give me more experience and references! 


Bad news: I have no idea what I'll be doing. They never even interviewed me. The job is with a special ed co-op in a neighboring county. It was not listed on Applitrack. Instead, I had to download a printable application that just asked for my name, address, and a few references, fill it out, and mail it in. Today they called me and said, "Would you be interested in working? Great, you're hired! Also we don't know where you'll be placed, but you'll probably be a 1:1."


Good news: Its only half days , from next week until the end of July, so even if it is a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad job, I think I can handle it for 20 hours a week for five weeks. 

Bad news: It starts NEXT TUESDAY! That does not give me a lot of time to meditate, prepare, worry, and perseverate.



Good news: At least now I'll have something to blog about!


Bad news: But it probably won't be anything I prepare or carry out. I'll be taking instructions from a "real" teacher.


Good news: But I am a real teacher now, and nobody can argue with that! I got my certificate in the mail! 


I guess I'll just have to wait and see... something I am definitely not very good at. ::Sigh::

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Although it may not be your "dream" job, just think, it is a job in a classroom where you are helping students. It will definitely be a great experience and pump up your resume for the future :)

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something to share with the class?